Thursday, July 21, 2011

A toddler on the balance board

Dyslexia often runs in families. For this reason, I am encouraging my grandson to stand on the balance board. All the encouragement he needs is access to the board.  At first when he wanted to play on it, I offered my hand for him to hold. Of course, he also needs older children or adults to leave him alone.  Yes, he is too young.  He turned a year old around thanksgiving, so he is 19 to 20 months old now. He likes to play on the balance board. He walks up one side and down the other. For him it is just a toy.  This week, he was balancing on it correctly.  I just stood off to the side and watched him. It was hard not to go see what else he could do on it. We just leave him alone and let him play with it.  We hope he can develop the learning and balancing skills he needs to learn without the learning challenges that run in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment