Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ripstik

Thanksgiving, I took my balance board to the family get together.  While we were there my great nephews
loved the board and could even jump on it and not fall.  Their mom stated that for some reason their school year is going much better this year.  As they were playing, I saw them on a skateboard looking toy.  It is very similar to the balance board, only it is on wheels.  I asked my niece what it was called.  It is a ripstik.  I told her on the days one of them is struggling on their homework to let them go play for 10 to 15 minutes on this.
Her son said for me to say that it is not a Ripstik G or wave board as these are more dangerous.  I know we want to protect our children but sometimes I wonder if we stifle their movement and harm their ablity to learn. I am not recommending this but am saying that children playing with them may be helping their ability to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment