Saturday, January 29, 2011

Joy of being home

This past thursday my husband and I were able to travel to St. Louis for the Balametrics Class.  What a wonderful class! The weather was nice there and back.  We ate supper with a friend of my daughter and son-in-law.  He had his two precious sons with him.  His wife was at work.  Hopefully another time we can visit with her also. It is amazing to see someone whose wedding you attended with a child in school.  It does not seem that long ago that he and his wife married. 
The class was on friday, yesterday .  The speakers from the Belgau family were helpful and informative.  It is exciting to see the son learning more, based somewhat on what the father has learned.  The father struggled in school during his early years.  He joined the Air Force and took tests to pass the GED and college classes as a junior in high school.  This was by the time he was 18. 
We left town just ahead of the traffic.  The trip home was peaceful and long.  We arrived home a little before midnight.  Some of son's friends were over and were gracious enough to let me show them some of what I learned.  One of them rides a rip board all the time and had little problem balancing.  It is so much fun to have new toys.
We were tired from the long ride and the VT 15 machine really felt relaxing.  I used it twice so I could relax and rest well. The VT 15 machine is a large vibrator that you can stand or sit on to relax your muscles.
It will take me a day or two to organize my thoughts about the class and probably more than a post or two to tell about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment